.


Let Me Return

I see the bareness of the landscape,
I've felt the futility of the flight of Icarus,
Like a fallen angel I walk this earth.
Unable to die, yet unable to live

In the depths of every canyon,
And the peaks of every mountain,
I have exhausted every wonder.
I have witnessed the universe within the flame,

And seen the force of creation,
Within the glimmer of a maiden's tearful eye.
Wake me up from this dream,
I don't belong here.

This place isn't my house.
I don't want what the book speaks of heaven.
I don't fear what they warn of hell.
Be it an eternity of bliss or an eternity of torment.

Without You they are both meaningless.
To some He is wrath,
To others He is mercy,
To me He is All and more.

So I beg,
Give me back my wings,
And let me return.
Because to me, He is home.

© Jibrael
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment