.


The Time Has Come

It is time;
The time has come to disappear,
I have seen the world.
I have spoken to the birds.
And I have conversed with the Angels.

I have fought,
I have died and,
I have risen again.
My heart is weak now.

My heart is too old to accept anything else.
My time is too short to plant any more trees.
I am done bathing in the pools of destiny.
I have finished all the wine of the mystics.

After everything, that Angel never returned.
I have waited a lifetime for her, she never came.
The time has come to go,
Hand me my book.

For I must lay on my bed,
And recite the words of salvation.
For I would rather be annihilated
In the light of the next world for Her.
Than look and stumble
Through the darkness of this world for Her.

Give me my last witness,
Teach me my last verse,
Let me cry my last tear.
For the time has come.

© Jibrael
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment