.


Waiting for Salvation

Hear the pain of the Cello, as he walks through the streets at night.
Hiding in the shadows, hidden among evil, to be with the good.
His life is an atonement and a search. . .
Draped in the darkness which surrounds him.
His face always expressionless yet touch him,
And you can feel his pain.
Waiting for the moment of release, waiting for hope.
Insanity trails him, because no one understands him.
Only the Caretaker know how he feels. . ..
He lives to die And will die to live.

© Jibrael
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

1:16 PM

Salaamu alaikum,

This poem is written well, I especially like the last line; it is so powerful “He lives to die and will die to live”
When I read that power and I got to the last line, I kept repeating it in my head, until tears started rolling down my cheek.
The whole poem is excellently written. The first time I read it, it reminded of a news headline in the UK a few weeks back of the “piano man” as he was named. Just a brief summary of what happened, basically police found this man walking on the beach on the coast of the UK and he was drenched wet, so they took him to hospital and had him examined, when they asked for his details he didn’t speak and to this day he has spoken to anyone, he was named the piano man as when doctors gave him a pen and paper in the hope that he would write his name he drew a piano instead. The point of this is that this poem reminds me of him in a way, you have to see his picture to understand. He has this expressionless face, but one can’t help feeling that there is something, some feeling behind this face of no expression, and it kind of relates to the poem. I know for me I really can relate to this poem, from the beginning to the end and im sure so many other people can.

I look forward in reading more of your poems, may your creative hand never cease to stop writing, may your ink never dry up and may this source of knowledge be a food for the hunger and a drink for the thirsty. Do not deprive us of the glimpses of light that have been bestowed upon you.

Thank you

He lives to die And will die to live. ( I just cant get over this over powering line)    



» Post a Comment